Hey, we’re here to help! Vented, round, boar, ceramic, aluminum, copper…?! There are a lot of options out there. That’s because we want to provide the brush that is right for your hair type, texture and styling needs. Let us teach you the lingo so you can find your perfect match.
- Round Brush- Used to create straight, wavy, curly or flipped styles. A larger barrel (the diameter of the brush) provides more volume, and works well for longer styles. A smaller brush diameter provides tighter waves, and works well on shorter styles. We design our brushes using innovative, high-quality materials for superior results. (shop round brushes) ( watch the how-to video) (ask us a questions)
- Paddle Brush- Best for detangling, smoothing and reducing static, this a flat, oval or rectangular-shaped brush with flexible bristles resting on a cushion. Pin bristle (hyperlink) is best for detangling and boar or mixed bristle is best for stimulating production of natural oils in thicker hair, which condition, boost shine, and prone hair growth.
- Teasing Brush- Add height and volume. Use for backcombing, feathering and finishing hair for an extra oomph.
- Vented Brush- Many stylists prefer round vented brushes to a solid barrel because they allow air to flow through the brush reaching the hair at all angles speeding up drying time. Use vented paddle brushes, like our Flex Brush, for blow drying straighter styles.
- Comb- Detangle, smooth stray hairs, cowlicks, or lightly tease hair. The handle of the comb also helps you section out locks for braiding, curling, flat ironing, or applying color. Use wide tooth combs for detangling wet hair (all hair types/texture) without risk of breakage. Use fine tooth combs for smoothing, parting or teasing hair.
Our Unique Shapes
- Curve Brush- The curved design offers closer contact with the scalp and brings hair to the center of the brush. This creates the tension needed for quicker dry time and a straighter finish.
- Triangle Brush- The three flat surfaces on triangle brush allow you to get closer to the scalp, straighten the hair and add a bend, when desired. The flat surfaces create a tension and reduce the need for constant spinning of the brush.
- Flex Brush- Looking to stimulate the scalp, detangle hair, and blow dry? Then, the Flex is right for you! The Flex bends to perfectly meet the contours of the scalp, to massage, stimulate production of natural oils, promote hair growth, reduce static, and prevent breakage. The vents allow air to pass through, so the brush can be used for blow drying without risk of damage to the brush. The Flex comes in a variety of sizes, bristle types and colors so you can choose the style that is best for your hair.
- Boar Bristle- Brushing with boar bristle stimulates the scalp’s production of natural oils. When these oils are brushed through hair they smooth hair cuticles, condition, boost shine and promote hair growth. No matter your hair type, boar bristle is the gentles bristle type.
- Reinforced Boar Bristle- Extra thick boar bristle for thicker hair and a stronger hold.
- Mixed Bristle- This combines the shine-inducing benefits of the boar bristles and the detangling benefits of the stiffer nylon bristle. Mixed bristle brushes are especially good for working tangles out of thicker, coarser hair.
- Nylon Bristle- Nylon bristles are heat resistant and static reducing so they are often used in round brushes for blow drying.
- Ionic Bristle- Ionic bristle restores the balance of positive and negative ions in your hair to enhance shine and decrease frizz. The negative ions are activated by heat.
- Pin Bristle- Wire pins that have a protective ball at the end to prevent damage to the scalp. Because they are gentle, they are used most commonly for detangling.
- Birchwood- A sustainable wood that is beautiful, lightweight, and environmentally-friendly.
- Cork- A sustainable material that is used to craft some of our brush handles. They are lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Wood Covered in Hard Rubber- Provides a soft touch with a no-slip, easy grip.
- Aluminum- A metal that heats up quickly and stays hot, which helps set hair in whatever style is desired while blow drying.
- Ceramic- A hard material made from clay that is used to plate or coat the brush barrel. Ceramic heats up quickly and evenly, which shortens the amount of time your hair is exposed to heat from the blow dryer. Ceramic hair brushes also emit negative ions, which counteract positive ions in hair. This eliminates static electricity, which causes flyaways and frizz. Negative ions also repair and seal damaged hair cuticles and lock in the hair’s natural oils for a smooth, shiny, blow-out.
- Copper- Copper has thermal properties that provide temperature control to evenly heat hair. That means reduced drying time and less damage to your hair. Antimicrobial elements of copper also destroy bacteria and fungus to help eliminate dandruff, itching and flaking. The results? A voluminous, glossy style.
- Tortoise- A natural, environmentally-friendly material used to craft many of our combs.
- Carbon- This material is often the preferred comb material among stylist because it is extremely durable. It can be used with hot tools because it is heat and chemical-resistant. It is also lightweight and reduces static and frizz.
- Hard-Rubber- An extremely durable and lightweight material used for combs.
How do I get more volume in my hair?
Fine or flat hair can make you feel like you are limited in hair style choices. This is not true. Using the right hair tools can make a difference. To get more volume when blow drying try our Pro Triangle brush. The 3 flat surfaces produce a smooth line through the hair. The round to flat alternating sides allow you to get closer to the scalp and create extra lift at the roots. Our Pro Thermal line is great for blow drying, For styling, our Botanical Clarifying Shampoo is sulfate free and made from organic ingredients. The secret is the kiwi acids that cut through the build up and leave your hair fresh and revitalized. Use this in combination with our entire Protect hair care line, which is sulfate, sodium chloride and paragon free. It is 100% safe to use on and Keratin Brazilian Straightening Treatments.
How do I clean my brushes?
You use your brushes daily sometimes more than once and there is going to come a time when you need to clean them. Using warm water and an anti-bacterial soap, dip (do not soak) natural bristles several times into the warm soapy water. Rinse brush with cool water. Let air dry. Side Note: Ceramic emits negative ions when heated and assists in breaking down bacteria build up.
How do I clean my hair from build up?
Hair styling products can leave residue causing you hair to look dull and drab. Even if you shampoo regularly you may not be able to get rid of all the buildup. Clarifying shampoos specifically designed to cut through the gunk are a worthwhile purchase. Our Protect Hair Care line will help keep your hair salon perfect. Our hair care lines are safe to use with any Keratin or Brazilian smoothing or straightening treatment.
What do I use to protect my hair while blow drying?
Those of us who want sleek, straight hair need to protect it from over-drying. The direct heat from a blow dryer can be very damaging. Couple that with a hot iron (which can reach temperatures as high as 500 degrees) and you are setting the stage for some serious damage. That's why you need a product to protect your hair form the direct heat. Our Thermal Styling Spray is sulfate free and made with botanical extracts. Finish with our French Argan Oil for better control of fly-away hair and frizz.
How do I get smooth and frizz free hair?
We have a love/hate relationship with our hair. We dye it, cut it, pull it straight, curl it tight and everything in between! With all that we do to it, how can we keep our hair looking sleek and shiny? Depending where you are on the hair spectrum, we have several tools for you to use. Our hair care products are made in smaller batches ensuring our botanical ingredients are infused at their peak. They won’t irate the scalp, flake or build-up on your hair. For chemically treated hair, we recommend our French Argan Oil Treatment. It is a deep-penetrating, light weight oil that is instantly absorbs into the hair, producing shiny, rizz-free hair. Take a look at all of our hair care products for your best match.